- What are cookies?
A cookie is a small data file that is placed on your computer or other device to allow a website to recognise you as a user when you return to the website using the same computer and web browser, either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits (a ‘persistent cookie’). Other similar files such as clear GIFs and pixel tags work in the same way and we use the word ‘cookie’ in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
- Strictly necessary cookies.These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website or make use of online payment services.
- Analytical cookies.They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies.These are used to recognize you when you return to our Website and to embed functionality from third party services. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region) and to integrate useful services provided by third party providers into our Website e.g. maps and social media features.
- Third party cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Website and to embed functionality from third party services. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region) and to integrate useful services provided by third party providers into our Website e.g. maps and social media features.
- How to control and delete cookies
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by this Website you can do this through your browser settings. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer, as well as more general information about cookies.
- Third-party cookies
We also use and work with a number of third-party suppliers and partners who set or read cookies on this Website. The third-party cookies used in connection with this Website include:
- Embedded third party content.Some of the content on our Website is provided by online services operated by third parties on our behalf (such as our service provider who provides payment processing). When you visit a page containing content from one of these services, a cookie may be set by the relevant third party.
- Email tracking
Some of the emails we send to you may contain a ‘web beacon pixel’ or tracked links which allows us to identify when you have opened the email and to verify which links contained in the email you have accessed. We use this information to determine which parts of our emails are of most interest to you in order to better understand your preferences and tailor future communications to you.
You can delete the pixel by deleting the email. Some mail readers have settings to toggle whether or not they automatically download images. If you turn off the automatic download of images, your mail reader will not download the web beacon pixel and we will not be aware that you have opened the email messages.
Alternatively, you can unsubscribe from our mailing list by accessing your account, contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking on “unsubscribe” within one of the e-mails.
How to contact us
Latest update on December 3, 2020